Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Online Journal Entry #3

  
      Right now I am sitting in a little area inside an academic building on my university campus. It has a spacious feeling with couches and tables along with a little coffee bar so that I can sip a dirty chai and work on homework simultaneously. Is very conducive for studying and relaxing. But even with all of this scholarly atmosphere, I am still having a hard time focusing on my 4 page essay due today (I am only a paragraph in btw) because I really need to write a blog post right now more than I need to write an essay on my opinion on plagiarism. Hence this third online journal entry. My first and second are also on my blog as well.
     Going to college was the crazy transition I talked about in my personal experience with change on I believe my second online entry. So far I don't think I have gained any of my freshman 15 yet which is a relief because the food here is so delicious. But a lot of it is super healthy too, I had a quinoa stuffed Portobello mushroom for dinner the other night which was amazing and there is always fruit and salad available. I have met quite a few people that are already good friends that I probably spend a good seventy-five percent of my time with. Just last weekend I went on an accidental 10 mile hike with them because we lost track of time exploring and having a blast. I have been cherishing these first few weeks here and have discovered myself a little better too but know that I have plenty of room to grow in the next few years as well.
     There have been a couple things I have experienced that I didn't expect already this year. One is that people are still catty. With a few people I already know and through some random run-ins I have come to realize that immaturity and the incessant need to put others down still continues after high school, which I guess I knew would happen but hoped otherwise. It stinks that I still have to deal with other girls and guys who only want to be mean and rude. Another one that is more humorous than actually unfortunate, is that it rains a ton here which I guess is not terrible in and of itself. Mostly the problem is just that I never have enough forethought to cover my suede bike seat with something so that I don't soak my butt on my ride to class. I look like I wet my pants at least once a week. I just invested in an umbrella too yet keep forgetting to use it. It's been rough without the dry assurance my car roof used to provide. But it's okay cause I have seen a lot of people who've "wet their pants" around campus too. I am such a whiner.
     But to end on a happy note, I have plenty of amazing things about college thus far as well! One is the insane amount of fun and excitement intramural sports provide. I have never played volleyball on a real team but my friends and I started one and have games every week in a mini league. It has been a total blast. No one cares if I am not some star player because the environment is so relaxed and inviting. Also, the biking routes are fantastic. It is so simple to find my way around campus and I never have to worry about getting nailed by a car because there is always a generous bike lane provided. Lastly, the faculty that I have personally encountered have been more than generous with their time and resources in order to make sure I will succeed my first semester of college. I haven't experienced the "mean professor" stereotype yet that have horror stories modeled after them.
     So far overall, being here at my university has been a fulfilling and wonderful experience and I am highly anticipating what the next few years will bring!
      Okay, I should probably actually do my homework now but I hope this post brightened someone's day and I am always looking for comments and suggestions if you have any!
Thankyou:)
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment