Sunday, October 26, 2014

Feeling Blessed


 
     Right now I am at home visiting my family on a long weekend and it has been amazingly refreshing. At this moment I am contemplating life while enjoying this beautiful view and sipping cinnamon apple spice tea out of a mug my sister hand painted years ago for my dad. 
     Life has been a little hectic for me these last couple of weeks and I have found it far easier to wallow in my own personal despair than to acknowledge all of the good around me. But there is so much good to be seen. I have a loving family, who is still in tact and whole which is more than many people can say now adays. I have the opportunity to get an amazing education at a university not everyone has the option to attend. I have made some of the most crazy and wonderful friendships in the last 8 weeks that I know I will treasure forever. The people I have met are truly the best. I have allowed myself to frequently get in over my head with trivial situations and thoughts and let myself completely miss all of the joy around me. But there are so many things I have been blessed with and I from now on I will work on being grateful for each one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment