Sunday, August 3, 2014

Easy Ways to Save a Little Money



Everybody loves to save a dollar or two in their daily life, but sometimes quality is sacrificed in return. My hope is that these tips I give you are ones that help you keep a buck in your wallet while still providing great ways to get the high quality you desire!

1. Instead of taking your car to the wash, do it yourself! It's super easy and is a great way to cool off now that it is summertime! The price of the supplies needed will easily cancel out after a few car wash trips are substituted for an at home clean. Tip: wash earlier in the morning to help minimize streaks caused by the direct sun hitting your windows.

2. Shop stores like TJ Max for high quality hair supplies. TJ Max sells brands like Bed Head, Big Sexy Hair, and others for a much cheaper price than stores like Ulta and Target.

3. Sandwich places like Jimmy Johns use fresh bread baked daily for their customers. Fortunately for you, they usually have tons of it left over at the end of the day that they give away for free at the beginning of each following morning! All you have to do is either call ahead about it or show up bright and early to snag the leftovers first. Everyone needs bread, and this is a great way to cut the cost of buying it at the store while also getting amazing freshness!

4. Online coupon shop before you go to the mall. I have saved an incredible amount of money by searching up coupons for my favorite stores before I leave my house. Sometimes I even find coupons for free things! My favorite coupon sight is mommysavesbig.com, but there a hundreds of other choices to  pick from. Its great to walk away knowing you got what you wanted without having to pay full price.

5. Ask for discounts at stores that aren't chains- chain stores aren't authorized to give individual discounts (so think local boutiques). If you find a hole you can easily stitch up or a little stain that you can fix, try taking the item to the counter and seeing if you could get 10% off due to the imperfection. I did this one time after I saw there was a tear in the sleeve of a blouse I wanted and they ended up just giving me the shirt for free because of it! So my advice is that it never hurts to ask cause you never know what you will get!

6. As far as cosmetics go, try searching the back shelves of stores like Ulta, Target and Sephora first. Many times they put clearance items in the back of the store that can end up saving you a lot of cash while still receiving stellar products! I have found 2 dollar O.P.I nail polishes in the back simply because the store had overstocked in that particular color.

Hopefully these few tips will help you become a better penny pincher without sacrificing the quality of the things you enjoy. Let me know of any other tips you love because I am always looking for new ways to save money!


Picture : http://www.harpergites.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/accro-shopping.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment