Thursday, August 7, 2014

Online Journal Entry #1


 


  Sometimes I just want to write about everything that comes to mind. Tonight I think I will treat this post as an "online diary entry". Just to talk about everything I am thinking right now.
     I want people to read this blog and be inspired to go out and follow their own dreams. Well for right now, I guess I just want people to actually find it on the internet and read it period.  I don't even know what this blog is supposed to accomplish in its lifetime, I just know that I started it for a reason and one day that reason will be clear. Don't get me wrong, hair masks and how to save money are fun things to write about but in ten years I see this blog having material that carries weight and forces debate. Someday what I write will effect how people think and view things in our lives and those of others. I don't even care if its lost right now in the universe with a thousand other blogs that are trying to be heard because everything has to start somewhere. But later there are going to be real life stories on here that will affect lives. At least I hope so.And I think that's how it should be with everyone. Everyone should have that something that they are so passionate about that even when it doesn't make sense, they just know that one day that dream of theirs will lead them to something great that they were meant to do. For me, I hope its writing, singing, and traveling. For someone else it may be their love for cooking, sports, or history. It can be anything. If you love something, go after it with everything you have. It doesn't matter how long it takes you to accomplish your goals, the point is that you are pursuing the life you want regardless of the time it takes to get there.
     There is nothing worse in my mind than to arrive at the end of my life and look back and wish I would have done something different to love my life more. I know that I am so young now and have so much time left to live and experience new things. But what if I don't. What if my days are shorter than I hope them to be and I don't get till I am ninety two to live. I want to live now. I want to travel around the world and live in the cheapest places and be broke for months because I chose to travel to Norway instead of pay my heat bill. To me that is exciting. I want to find my way into little coffee shops and play songs on the piano for extra money that goes towards my next adventure. I want to write about it too. I want to live now while I am young so I can have stories when I am old.
     Being young provides a world of possibilities and I hope that at the end of my days I know I spent them as best I could and with the best people I could. I hope this blog succeeds in challenging people and myself as well. And I hope this blog isn't conventional and that my life and those peoples lives around me aren't either. I hope everyone who ever reads this post or this blog has extraordinary lives that don't follow the typical path others pave. I hope we all find something that hooks us and draws us in and changes us for good. I hope that we can have the ability to fall in love many different times and with many different people and things. I want to fall in love with my favorite book and my favorite coffee shop. I want to love one country more than all the others I explore. I want one restaurant to always be my die hard favorite place in the whole city to go to and I want one dress that I love more than all the rest to put on when I go to eat there. Oh, and I guess I want someone to fall in love with once and for all. Or maybe a few someone's till I truly find who I was made to be with.   
     There is not one way to live life, there are many. And I want to live my life in all the different ways that I can find. I want this blog to be about something that impacts the world or at least stirs the minds of people who read it. As this blog clearly shows, I "want" many things. But I guess that's the joy of being young and having dreams. And I am just so excited for what my future holds.

Thanks,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment